Hier geht es zur deutschen Web-Seite.
For users of Windows Media Center, mcShoutCast is the easy and convenient way to listen to internet radio. McShoutCast is an extension for Windows Media Center, the home entertainment software from Microsoft. Microsoft Windows Media Center is included in the Home Premium und Ultimate versions of Windows Vista.
You will find >>here<< a video, that shows some of the features.
- McShoutCast uses the new MCML interface in Windows Media Center for the application’s user interface. Animations, seamless integration with Media Center user interface as well as convenient ways to use the software provides access to internet radio that is both visually appealing and easy to use. Gone are any signs of HTML extensions which look and act like a separate application that starts up from within the Media Center.
- +13,000 stations at your finger tips.
Explore the amazing variety of available web radios.
- Save your favorite radio stations in a separate ‘favorites’ page.
You can save single stations or even complete genres. With the help of your own customized favorite page you will hear what you love to hear faster.
- Browsing through more than 400 available genres means you will find any music style.
- Top500 Station list shows you the hottest stations
You will have quick access to the 500 most listened to stations so you can quickly find the best music on the internet.
- Random stations let you try out new music stations and be surprised by the diversity of available stations – explore music and stations you may not know are available.
Are you looking for a song or station? The search functionality helps to find stations by name, or even find a station which is currently playing your favorite song.
- Record the music!
Simple press the recording key of your remote, mcShoutCast will record the songs and insert the song information from the radio station into the IdV3 Tags of the ".mp3" and even ".acc" files.
- Connection lost?
No problem for mcShoutCast, the program tries its best to reconnect you to the next station’s stream.
Assign you own logos to stations or even to genres - it simply looks better when you can do it your way :-)
- Song Title, Album Name and other song information are read directly from the data stream and are continuously displayed.
- Album Cover Image.
If mcShoutCast can obtain the Album Name, it will search popular sites for an Album Cover Image. If the image can be found, mcShoutCast will display the album cover for the currently playing song.
- Missing your favorite station?
LauraFM is the way to go! It is a user driven online database. Add your missing station there and you can access it via mcShoutCast. Better yet, everyone else will also be able to see the new station. So everyone benefits from the work of each other.
- Note list.
Did you hear a song you really liked? You can put the currently played song on a note list. You can review it later (and even from a different pc) and do some more searching on the internet for song information and purchase availability.
- XBox360, Linksys, X64 and TV-Pack?
McShoutCast will run on them! For the extenders (Xbox and Linksys) there are some limitations. Stations that use AACP or WMA encoding for music streams can't be played on the extenders.
- Pictures of the artist
Slideshow or gallery of the currently played artist
So you know the text of the song for the next concert.
- Concert dates
Get the tour dates for your favorite artist.
- More with this artist
Get all releases and tracks by an artist.
- Pictures, Lyrics, concert dates and more with this artist also for your VMC music library
There are serveral extensions points to get these information also for your songs stored at your music library.
Get the biography of the currently played artist.
Enhanced playlist generation based on the currently played song by similar artist or similar song (Music Library).
High resolution background pictures of the current artist at all of the “More with the current song” Plug-Ins (Music Library).